Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Foals - Antidotes


On the lighter side of things, I give you Foals Antidotes. All I know about them is that they're from oXXXford, England [potentially sXe!?].

They play post-rock - but wait, don't leave yet. They're also "sponsored" or "played on" MTV2. WAIT! Look at the cover - it's hand drawn but has some weird, arbitrarily colored parts! If you can get past the pretense and the numerous afflictions of the presentation and context of the record...

It's actually good. I swear. It's kind of like Minus the Bear meets Explosions in the Sky. Mathy, spacey stuff that holds your attention with some legitimate hooks. While I can't vouch for the lyrics [since I downloaded it as well] I am guessing they're about girls and partying. That's got to count for something.

What is it with Europe and amazing math rock? I don't get it but I am jealous none of these guys will be playing on the same continent or, at the very least, the same coast as me any time soon.

Download

No comments: