Friday, October 10, 2008

Gaza - East

Gaza is pretty abrasive. Well, more than "pretty," I guess. They're almost obnoxiously abrasive, but that's commendable. Coming from SLC, it's cool that they're so gratuitously harsh...in a non-camo shorts sort of way.

The best description I've been able to come up with for them, in general, is if Integrity had evolved in the late 90s and were heavily influenced by Hydra Head [last time I make reference to that whole era, promise]. Noisey, dark, heavy, kind of sadistic.

While their full length "I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die," is really good, I like the shitty production on this better. Plus, the first song is "Kasam Rocket," which if you say outloud sounds extra hilarious, even though I realize its social implications in terms of the middle east are anything but laughable.

It's a short EP; I think it's out print. They're recording something soon, too, so if you snag this now you can tell everyone, "I liked their first EP better."

Download

No comments: